Pupil Premium Strategy 2022
What is Pupil Premium?
Since April 2011, the Government has provided funding to specifically support:
* children from low income families who are eligible for free school meals
* any child who has been eligible for free school meals in the last 6 years
* children from armed forces families
* children who have been looked after by the local authority i.e. supported by foster carers or in care for more than 6 months
It is expected that this extra funding helps schools to 'close the gap' in achievement between disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
Why do we need Pupil Premium funding?
We want all our pupils to achieve their best and this funding allows us to provide additional support through academic interventions or through social, emotional or well-being support.
Eligibility for Pupil Premium and how to apply
Reception to Year 4 - Do you think your child might be eligible for Pupil Premium Funding?
Pupil Premium is an additional allowance made available to schools for all pupils who are registered for free school meals. The school uses the money to provide extra learning support in classes for those pupils.
What do you need to do?
- Check if you qualify – if you are in receipt of one of the following then your child may be eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
2. If you think your child will be eligible registering only takes a short time. Ways you can apply are detailed below:
• over the telephone on FSM 01670 623592
• completing a paper application form which is available from the school office or FSM Office Northumberland County Council, County Hall, Morpeth NE61 2EF
Pupil Premium funding is also available for
- Children whose parents are in the Services (Army, Navy, Air Force)
- Children who have been ‘looked after’ for 1 day or more
- Children who have been adopted from care
If you feel these criteria apply to you, please check with the school office to make sure we are aware of this and able to claim the funding.